Are you looking for easy and fun Spider-Man food ideas? We recently saw the latest Spider-Man movie, Spider-Man: Homecoming and we really enjoyed it! It’s mostly a lighthearted film, filled with a lot of action sequences. My son has been a fan of Spidey for quite some time now, but the movie renewed his interest in all things Spider-Man. So in honor of that, I have a fun recipe to share: Spider-Man Oreo cookies!
Spider-Man Food Ideas: Oreo Cookies
While this recipe doesn’t require a lot of ingredients, it does include one of my favorite ingredients, candy melts. And it includes one of my son’s favorite foods – Oreo cookies! So here it goes…….
- 1 cookie mold: Candy Mold in Sealed Protective Poly Bag Imprinted with Copyrighted Cybrtrayd Molding Instructions (affiliate link)
- 6 regular Oreo cookies
- 1 cup of red Wilton candy melts (from a 12 oz bag)
- Wilton black decorator icing
- Heat the red candy melts in a Wilton Chocolate & Candy Melts Melting Pot (affiliate link)
- Pour 2 tablespoons of melted candy in each cookie mold.
- Place an Oreo cookie in each mold, on top of the melted chocolate.
- Pour additional melted red candy on top of each cookie, up to the top of each mold. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Gently pop out the chilled Oreos onto the cookie sheet.
- Use the black icing gel to create a spider web by drawing 3 circles on top and then about 8 lines across the circles.
- Place in the refrigerator for 20 minutes for everything to “set.”
- Enjoy! Spider-Man: Homecoming is now at a theater near you!
Here’s what it should look like throughout the process 🙂
If you’re looking for more ideas, I’ve written a post about pretzel sticks here! It’s also Captain America themed in case you want to focus on a superhero theme 🙂